Custom Search

Friday, October 08, 2010

0 Comments
Evergreen Speech (Success)


:: Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.
~Abraham Lincoln

:: The ideals which have lighted me on my way and time after time given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been Truth, Goodness, and Beauty. . . . The ordinary objects of human endeavour — property, outward success, luxury — have always seemed to me contemptible.
~Albert Einstein

:: Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.
~Albert Einstein

:: Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
~Albert Schweitzer

:: If I have been of service, if I have glimpsed more of the nature and essence of ultimate good, if I am inspired to reach wider horizons of thought and action, if I am at peace with myself, it has been a successful day.
~Alex Noble

:: To follow without halt, one aim; there is the secret of success and success? What is it? I do not find it in the applause of the theater; it lies rather in the satisfaction of accomplishment.
~Anna Pavlova

:: Your ability to learn faster than your competition is your only sustainable competitive advantage.
~Arie de Gues

:: Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. And it will leave you unfulfilled.
~Barack Obama

:: Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it’s not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won’t. it’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.
~Barack Obama

:: All my growth and development led me to believe that if you really do the right thing, and if you play by the rules, and if you’ve got good enough, solid judgment and common sense, that you’re going to be able to do whatever you want to do with your life.
~Barbara Jordan

:: The secret of success is constancy to purpose.
~Benjamin Disraeli

:: There are no gains without pains.
~Benjamin Franklin

:: Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win.
~Bernadette Devlin

:: The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
~Bruce Feirstein

:: Everything I’ve ever done was out of fear of being mediocre.
~Chet Atkins

:: How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone.
~Coco Chanel

:: Love the moment. Flowers grow out of dark moments. Therefore, each moment is vital. It affects the whole. Life is a succession of such moments and to live each, is to succeed.
~Corita Kent

:: Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed.
~Corita Kent

:: A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her.
~David Brinkley

:: Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises.
~Demosthenes

:: My will shall shape the future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man’s doing but my own. I am the force; I can clear any obstacle before me or I can be lost in the maze. My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny.
~Elaine Maxwell

:: The man who is anybody and who does anything is surely going to be criticized, vilified, and misunderstood. This is part of the penalty for greatness, and every man understands, too, that it is no proof of greatness.
~Elbert Hubbard

:: The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.
~Frank Lloyd Wright

:: I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and a devotion to the things you want to see happen.
~Frank Lloyd Wright

:: I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen.
~Frank Lloyd Wright

:: It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.
~Franklin D. Roosevelt

:: I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.
~G. K. Chesterton

:: How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because some day in life you will have been all of these.
~George Washington Carver

:: It is on our failures that we base a new and different and better success.
~Havelock Ellis

:: My mother drew a distinction between achievement and success. She said that achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is in you. Success is being praised by others, and that’s nice, too, but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.
~Helen Hayes

:: I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker.
~Helen Keller

:: The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.
~Henry David Thoreau


:: If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can’t, you’re right. also attributed to Mary Kay Ash
~Henry Ford

:: The heights by great men reached and kept / Were not attained by sudden flight, / But they, while their companions slept, / Were toiling upward in the night.
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

:: I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure: which is: Try to please everybody.
~Herbert B. Swope

:: Give me a stock clerk with a goal and I’ll give you a man who will make history. Give me a man with no goals and I’ll give you a stock clerk.
~J. C. Penney

:: I don’t deserve this award, but I have arthritis and I don’t deserve that either.
~Jack Benny

:: You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.
~James A. Froude

:: The depth of your mythology is the extent of your effectiveness.
~John C. Maxwell

:: The reward for work well done is the opportunity to do more.
~Jonas Salk

:: Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. On Being a Teacher
~Jonathan Kozol


:: Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world.
~Lily Tomlin

:: Those who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try nothing and succeed. (Adapted)
~Lloyd Jones

:: Nobody got anywhere in the world by simply being content.
~Louis L’Amour

:: I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings.
~Margaret Mead

:: To me success means effectiveness in the world, that I am able to carry my ideas and values into the world — that I am able to change it in positive ways.
~Maxine Hong Kingston

:: To fly, we have to have resistance.
~Maya Lin

:: I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.
~Michael Jordan

:: To succeed, we must first believe that we can.
~Michael Korda

:: Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving. We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it — but sail we must and not drift, nor lie at anchor.
~Oliver Wendell Holmes

:: My mother said to me, “If you become a soldier, you’ll be a general; if you become a monk, you’ll end up as the Pope.” Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.
~Pablo Picasso

:: The secret of joy in work is contained in one word – excellence. To know how to do something well is to enjoy it.
~Pearl S. Buck

:: The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration.
~Pearl S. Buck

:: The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore they attempt the impossible — and achieve it, generation after generation.
~Pearl S. Buck

:: There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.
~Peter F. Drucker

:: Self-trust is the first secret of success.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

:: Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

:: To be great is to be misunderstood.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

:: Sooner or later, those who win are those who think they can.
~Richard Bach

:: Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.
~Robert F. Kennedy

:: We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success. We often discover what will do, by finding out what will not do; and probably he who never made a mistake never made a discovery.
~Samuel Smiles

:: It is a mistake to suppose that men succeed through success; they much oftener succeed through failures. Precept, study, advice, and example could never have taught them so well as failure has done.
~Samuel Smiles

:: Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
~Thomas Alva Edison

:: You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.
~Thomas Wolfe

:: Success is somebody else’s failure. Success is the American Dream we can keep dreaming because most people in most places, including thirty million of ourselves, live wide awake in the terrible reality of poverty.
~Ursula K. Le Guin

:: Work for something because it is good, not just because it stands a chance to succeed.
~Vaclav Havel

:: Integrity is so perishable in the summer months of success.
~Vanessa Redgrave

:: Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.
~Vince Lombardi

:: Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you’re willing to pay the price.
~Vince Lombardi

:: I can’t imagine a person becoming a success who doesn’t give this game of life everything he’s got.
~Walter Cronkite

:: The success of any great moral enterprise does not depend upon numbers.
~William Lloyd Garrison

:: This is the final test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible value to him.
~William Lyon Phelps

:: Not doing more than the average is what keeps the average down.
~William M. Winans

:: Six essential qualities that are the key to success: Sincerity, personal integrity, humility, courtesy, wisdom, charity.
~William Menninger

:: Good people are good because they’ve come to wisdom through failure. We get very little wisdom from success, you know.
~William Saroyan

:: Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
~Winston Churchill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment